Saturday, February 20, 2016

Spring in the hood


Cardoons, courtesy of California. I have one - now I just have to remember what to do with it.


Daffodils are everywhere.

I should add that, while it is February, and typically the c-c-c-c-c-coldest month of the year in New York, today was spring. Warm. 61'F/16'C. No coat required. Consequently my frigid forage walk at Brooklyn Bridge Park wasn't (frigid) and was packed. January, last month, was the hottest month on record. In the world. 

  ________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. It was 60 and gorgeous in the Catskill mountains today! I can't wait to get out and play in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our winter has been quite mild in for the PNW, but we've ha over 22 inches of rain since December 1st. A new record....oh yeah :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny and mild today in Portland, where the daphne odora are in full fragrant bloom, as are the daffodils and decorative cherry trees. As we walked in the nearby forest, I thought about your Brooklyn Bridge Park walk, wishing I could have been in two places at once.

      Delete
  3. 65 in central virginia today, so we started the "spring" pruning. Yet more rain tomorrow.

    What's a "cardoon"? i shall have to ask the Google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A record-breaking 73 here on Wed., so I "win" right? Just kidding. Those cardo(o)ns look like celery & what a great price for artichokes! Love the flower bouquets but oh my, pricey! So glad you had a full house for the BBP foraging walk, Marie.
    Cheers,
    Diane in uncharacteristically balmy
    Denver

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.