Friday, July 10, 2009

July of the year

This was July 5th, 2008. Red currants. They were not available last week at the farmers' market. It has been a slower year. Things are late. So tomorrow I will hunt again, because I must have that jam. If nothing else, a blog is a wonderful way of knowing what the hell you were doing in the mists of time. I cannot believe I pickled those onions a year ago. They have been eaten, of course. Next time less sugar, more bite.

Huh. I wonder where that string bag is. I miss it.

Below: these are last year's Dunyazades, from the same bulbs, naturally.

Here is the current crop:

(See the sugar drop top right???)

Lilies are especially good from all angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.