Monday, September 1, 2008

Terrace edibles

I planted a zinc bathful of rainbow chard, which has Vincent dreaming of Al di La's malfatti. Maybe I will baste these stems with anchovies, lemon juice and olive oil when they are all grown up. Which would also be rather Al di La-inspired. To my delight I found a recipe for them in Richard Olney's Simple French Food.

Fennel flowers. For when I have fish to roast in a blanket of salt. Nay, eiderdown.

Summer savoury. I prefer the tougher winter savoury. Very good inside roast chickens.


And oregano flowers. I chop them up and tuck them under the chicken's skin.

[My 600'F porterhouse just set off the smoke alarm. Later.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.