Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blackspot on the roses

Since the Manifesto promises it, I had better deliver. The roses are still green, despite the fact that December is a little over a week away. It faces east and is protected from those nasty winds that Canada and the Great Lakes send us. Because I have been depressed about the news that the terrace may be destroyed by construction (the landlord says "maybe"), I have ignored it. Denial. There's an entire article on the subject in the NY Times at the moment. Actually, it's avoidance not denial.



The New Dawn has made some rosehips...I should have left more dead flowerheads - they're pretty.



If this were Spring, I would freak. The rain has probably not helped...I sprayed once but I won't again. But what I will do is collect all the leaves when they drop otherwise they will be around next spring to infect the new growth. No wonder I never wrote about blackspot before. It's so boring.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed (not the... ;-)) I had always wondered about the manifesto; I assumed maybe it had to do with the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like lack thereof. And poor air circulation. It's a fungus. But you can't fricasee it...

    Riveting, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.